Senior Spotlights : Cristian Ramirez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Cristian Ramirez is a senior here at Mville. Christian decided to leave the Bronx and come to Manhattanville after they gave him a financial offer he couldn’t refuse, and decided to major in Digital Media Production with a minor in Theatre. “I have a deep passion for all forms of art, but film and acting hold a special place in my heart. I love telling and experiencing stories. I love to create worlds and people, but I also love to watch films, plays, read books, etc. Nothing beats the feelings that come from those things. Except probably some NY cheesecake.”

Cristian has taken his passion and drive for film and used it to pursue different project in the Manhattanville Film Club, otherwise known as Manhattanville’s film club. “As one of the Manhattanville Video Project, there are absolutely zero things I can say that aren’t great (About the club). It’s kind of thrilling to be at a school without a major film program and do what we’re doing, with students who not only want to be there, but are enthusiastic and dedicated to giving up entire weekends to make movies and have fun while doing so. I am confident that they will continue to help the club grow, and who knows? Maybe one day they’ll impress administration so much, they’ll start a program.”

The Manhattanville Video Project isn’t his only passion on campus, Cristian is involved in a plethora of activities on campus.  Cristian is in the Dance and Theatre’s production of Shakespeare’s All’s Well That Ends Well, showing the first weekend of March, and also manages to hold five jobs (Studio Assistant, SI, Peer Tutor, Intern, and Videographer).  “I keep myself busy.”

Any college experience isn’t complete without the journey and help of others, “I won’t put her on blast but I’d like to thank my best friend, for keeping me sane. And CAM professors I’ve had over my four years: my advisor, Christine Dehne, Mike Castaldo, and Tony Ely, for teaching me so much.”

What does the future have in store? “My game plan is to audition for everything, basically. And hopefully be doing plays regularly. I am also going to look for set jobs of any kind, as well as doing some freelance work…’m going to miss the community, or at least the communities in which I participated. I’ve met some great people that I hope to stay friends with for a long time and possibly work with.”

Wanna spark up a conversation but don’t know how? Here are some conversation starters to get the talk going, but hurry up! You’ve only got until May!

Favorite Movie: Another Earth (Which made him want to become a filmmaker)

TV Show: Mr. Robot

Director: Denis Villeneuve… For now

Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..