This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

One of my best friends recently told me “You’re going to fall in love with yourself again”. It was one of the most unique things someone has ever told me and something I needed to hear after breaking up with someone I spent almost two years of my life with. When you have been with a person for that long going from talking to them everyday to not at all can come as a complete shock. You are left completely alone, the person you once shared your most exciting news with or texted in the middle of the night when you could not fall asleep is gone. The person who told you how beautiful you were on a daily basis and gave you the confidence boost you needed is gone.

You’re left me, myself and I. This feeling is so scary and you are jumping into a world of unknown, but that’s not such a bad thing. It is also very exciting and the doors that are about to open up for you when you begin to focus solely on yourself are incredible. So I thought long and hard about what my friend had said to me and I realized, I might of fallen out of love with a boy but I never fell out of love with myself and the fact that I never fell out of love with myself is what’s going to get me through this. I don’t have to find myself again, I don’t have to reinvent myself, I know who I am.

I have always had a very strong sense of who I am and not even the harshest opinions of others have ever changed that. I realized that I did not need someone else in order to feel complete, self love is enough. So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner I challenge you to focus not on what you don’t have but what you do. Be proud that you are someone confident enough to walk alone, that you are someone that does not look for approval from anyone else but yourself.

It is very important to know your worth, that is something no one  can take away from you. So I guess what I am saying is whether you have been in a relationship for two years, two months or are completely single keep loving yourself. Don’t stop loving yourself because someone is now doing that job for you. Don’t stop being your number one fan or telling yourself you look beautiful just because someone else thinks it too. Love yourself and don’t stop because if there ever comes a day you are no longer with that person you thought of as your world you are going to realize you are still amazing, they are not what made you amazing. You are what made you amazing.