This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Is there such thing as the right person wrong time?

When the person I was seeing broke up with me due to having busy schedules and finding it difficult to find time for each other I believed this. That yes, maybe he was right maybe right now wasn’t the time for us and maybe in the future, we’d work out. I truly believed that at that time it just wasn’t right for us but in the future, we’d be together. As I was getting over the breakup, he got into a relationship soon after. That is when I realized that no, there is no such thing as the right person at the wrong time. If someone wants to be with you, they’d be with you. It’s the harsh reality that we don’t want to hear.

That person would be willing to make it work. They’ll find the time, as hard as it could be, to see you because the last thing they’d want is to lose you. We want to believe that it will work out in the future when you’re both ready to settle but if that person wasn’t “ready” to settle with you but settles with another person straight after then he was never the right person for you. I personally found it hard because you think back at all the times he told you he loved you and talked about a future together just for him to say that right now is not a good time but moves on shortly after and gets into a relationship with someone else. You start doubting yourself and question everything that person has ever said to you. Was it real or was it all a lie? You start comparing herself to her and put yourself down by asking questions like “Is she prettier than me?” and the big one “what does she have that I don’t have?” After a few months of getting over this, you learn that the answer to that question is nothing. You realize that even though at the time you liked him a lot he was never the right person for you and time should not be an excuse.

As Heidi Priebe wrote:

“Here’s a simple truth that I think we all need to face up to: the people we meet at the wrong time are actually just the wrong people.”

So if you’re currently dwelling on someone and wished you met in the future then you should know that that person was never right for you. If that person was right for you, you’d be with them. There’d simply be no excuses only other ways and opportunities of making it work. If someone wants you in their life they will make sure you know it. They won’t try to find excuses for it not working out.

“The right people are timeless. The right people make you want to throw away the plans you originally had for one and follow them into the hazy, unknown future without a glance backwards. The right people don’t make you hmm and haw about whether or not you want to be with them; you just know… That no matter what you thought you wanted before, this is better. Everything is better since they came along.” – Heidi Probe