This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Written by Katie Lecce

Rebecca Canavan, a beautiful outstanding Senior here at Manhattanville College lives an extraordinary life. Rebecca has experienced so many wonderful things in her life and is only 22 years old. At the age of 19, Rebecca worked at Aeropostale Times Square where she was a Sales Associate. She was into acting, so they asked her to host the Teen Vogues 10th year anniversary party where she got to interview a bunch of celebrities such as Victoria Justice, Chloe Grace Moretz, and many more. Rebecca also has gotten a chance to interview NFL draft hopefuls and NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon. With previous internships Rebecca has gotten a chance to interview many celebrities during red carpet events. 

What makes Rebecca up as a person is her family and her values. Rebecca takes a lot after her dad and he is someone that she looks up to a lot. Rebecca is majoring in Communications and Media Studies. She had chosen Manhattanville because it was close to home, which home for her is New York City. I had asked Rebecca if she thinks she has changed as a person from starting college as a Freshmen to now as Senior and she said “ I don’t think I’ve changed too drastically. But I am definitely more of a leader, and speak my mind more than I did.” I have also asked her what does she like about being on a sports team in college and her response was “I love the ‘second family’ aspect of being on a team. I spend literally every single day with my team for 3 hours a day. Bonding, motivating each other to get better, and always knowing you have someone that has your back (vise versa) is a good feeling.” Rebecca had no intention of doing Track in college. It’s a sport she had done pretty much her whole life, so she thought she would give it a try it in college, and it ended up being a great decision for her. I asked what she would miss about being on a sports team once she graduates in this May and what she will miss about Manhattanville. Her response was “ I’ll miss seeing my friends every day. I’ll also miss seeing my younger teammates grow and get better. “ She also added,“ I think I’ll only miss the “fun’’ of college. I’ll miss a few great professors who have paved the way for me and mainly I’ll miss my friends that I see on a daily basis.”

With her degree in Communications and Media Studies Rebecca sees herself being a sports or entertainment host somewhere. Anything in sports or entertainment field will make her happy. Rebecca sees herself being a successful woman.

Fun Facts about Rebecca Canavan is that her favorite color is purple and her favorite TV show is Cake Boss. “The way they make those cake is amazing.”

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.