Meet an RA : Grant Pilson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Meet RA Grant Pilson

By: Rebecca Bodtmann

1. What is your name and what year are you in?

• My name is Grant Pilson and I am a senior here at Manhattanville.

1. What made you decide to become an RA?

• During my freshman and sophomore year, I had a lot of friends who were RAs and they encouraged me to become one. I also wanted to give back to the community, so I knew that becoming an RA would be the perfect opportunity!

1. How long have you been an RA for?

• I have been an RA for 2 years now.

1. What is your favorite part about being an RA?

• There’s a lot of things that I enjoy about being an RA but my favorite is coming back for Summer Training. Summer Training is when the RAs come back 2 weeks early and we set up all the residence rooms and get things in order. I get to interact with the other RAs and get to know them better.

1. What is your favorite part about Manhattanville?

• My favorite thing by far about Manhattanville are the people that I have met and the friendships that I have made.

1. Are you involved in anything else on campus?

• Along with being an RA in Founders Hall, I am on the Hip Hop Committee for the Manhattanville Radio Station. I also work with musical students.

Rebecca Bodtmann  Manhattanville College '19
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..