This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

I am the girl you bring home to your mother, the good girl. I can’t express the amount of times I’ve heard people remind me of this, not that is it a bad thing. My parents raised me to always be the girl who listened when others spoke, follow directions as they were given, and so on. I have learned over the years that is isn’t about how much you have, but those you surround yourself with. I used to be high maintenance, often called a princess, but no more. I just want to be with someone that can sit on the beach at night, hold a conversation, and have just much fun having a simple night in as going out. However, be careful because I fall easily which often gets my hopes up.

I dye my hair more than I should, but I think it is time I start getting back to my roots. I often look at back at the person I was in high school compared to the second semester college senior that I am now. I miss the shy new girl I once was. I still have my moments, though not many people see those moments. I blush a lot; more if I have feelings for you. If you say the right thing, you may see it; some people think it is adorable, but say the wrong thing and I’ll turn red with anger. However, I will hold it back. There is no need to argue over useless things; life is too short for that. That was not something I realized until recently, but now I know. I know that by yelling at someone is not going to correct a situation, and that if we are all just little more empathic towards one another that it would go a long way. I believe in having respect for someone even if they are a stranger to you, and if we respected one another there would be less hatred in this world.

I want to know what goes through everyone’s minds. There are times when I want to know what goes through one specific person’s mind, but then I think about how if we had the ability to do that, I would never be surprised by the things that are said. I like not knowing what is going to be said, it keeps me on my toes and makes me feel very alert. Yes, I have my little school-girl crush, but I keep an open and optimistic mind as to what could happen if it all gets out. That is the one thing I think that I’ll keep lingering in the back of my head…

Dancer. Lover. Believer. Manhattanville College.
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..