Katherine Savlas ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Name: Katherine Savlas

Nickname: Kat

Birthday: January 26, 1995

Year: Senior

Major: Business Management

Minor: Dance

Hometown: Oyster Bay, NY

Activities on Campus: Manhattanville Dance Ensemble and Her Campus

If you could do job in the world, what would it be?: I would want to open up my own dance studio. It would offer more than just dance. I would want it to be a place that people can come to feel comfortable enough to express themselves because, that was the way dance made me feel for so long. Until then, I wouldn’t mind working at a Retail Manager (maybe for Kate Spade?).

Who is your celebrity crush?: I haven’t been asked this question in such a long time. The last time I was asked this question, I think Josh Hutcherson was my screen saver on my phone. I don’t think I ever fully got over the whole Jonas Brothers phase (if anyone says they did, they are totally lying). I think I’m going to have to say Nick Jonas. He was cute when he first started out, and has just got more attractive over time.

What is your favorite rainy/snowy day activity?: I love just sitting indoors watching movies all day. Before I transferred to Mville (I went to Mercy College in Dobbs Ferry my freshmen year), my friends and I all lived in singles on the same Residence Hall floor so when we had our first snow day, I remember running to my friend Kailey’s room and we were both excited. They closed the dining hall early so we ran to get lunch for the day, and then watched Disney movies, did a puzzle, made hot chocolate, and ordered pizza for dinner. It was one of my favorite snow days there.

If you had to choose one age to be forever what age would you choose?: I feel like 16 was the prime year of my life because, I felt so secure in myself and thought that I knew everything. However, it’s great being 21 because, there’s so much more you get to experience, especially with going out on the weekends. There are definitely more life lessons I’ve learned being 21 but, a teacher from high school said, that 23 is really the best age because, you can legally rent a car and other things. For now though, I think I’ll stick with 21 because, though it’s been a year of life lessons, they’re life lessons that will forever shape my life.

What is something no one knows about you?: When I was younger, I was at dance and I accidentally knocked myself out. I was about 7 years old and we were practicing kicks. I did not have the best posture so I kicked myself in the forehead. I just laughed it off but, it hurt… a lot.

Hi!! I'm Stacey! I'm a Senior at Manhattanville College! Class of 2016! I'm a Early Childhood Education and English Lit. major!! I'm the Secretary for Her Campus Mville.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.