nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Jake Miller’s Vision For Overnight EP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

There were many amazing artists that appeared at the MTV Video Music Awards on August 28th. You had the Chainsmokers, DNCE, Kent Jones, Kanye and the list goes on, but there was one artist in particular we were very excited to interview. Jake Miller made his debut onto the music scene with his first EP Spotlight back in 2012. He has also worked with other artists. “Dazed and Confused”, one of Jake’s popular singles features Travie McCoy who is the lead vocals for Gym Class Hereos. He is currently the opening act for Fifth Harmony on their 7/27 Tour. Just last month, Jake dropped his new EP Overnight which has received great reviews. We caught up with Jake on the white carpet  and asked him about his latest EP.

Shanice: “Overnight just came out. What was your vision for that EP?”

Jake: “It took awhile to kind of get the sound right. So, I really didn’t know exactly where it was heading when I first started it. Probably mid 2016 I made Overnight, first song and I kind of wanted that to set the tone for the rest of EP.  I just kept making songs that sound kind of similar to that, but also different.”

Shanice: “What are you looking forward to tonight at the VMA’s? It’s such a huge night in music.”

Jake: “I’m looking forward to seeing Kanye West do his thing.”

We decided to end our interview with Jake on a fun note and play a quick fun game we had quickly made up.

Shanice: “In 10 seconds can you name 10 things you would find in a college dorm room?”

Jake: “Oh God, haha.”

Shanice: “We got the timer ready and… go!”

Jake: “Ah… condoms! Uh, Dirty clothes.”

We couldn’t control our laughter and really appreciated how much fun Jake had with this interview. Be sure to check out Jake’s new EP Overnight and to follow him on all of his social media @jakemiller! 

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.