This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Wearing ‘Amethyst’ and ‘Saphyre’ from Kat Von D’s Alchemist Palette

Holographic/Duo Chrome highlighters are popping up everywhere. It first started with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Moonchild Palette (retails for $40).  It gave highlight a new twist, adding a colorful reflect when light hits the cheeks instead of the common gold, champagne, and white. Makeup artists, influencers, and YouTubers who were already obsessed with the highlight trend loved the new twist. Some even tried doing a full face with holographic makeup.

Makeup companies started to make dupes and their own twists on this, giving more affordable options like Colourpop (retails for $8), Wet n Wild (retails for $4.99), and NYX (retails for $7.99). Other high-end makeup brands also joined the trend like Kat Von D’s Alchemist Palette (retails for $32), Milk Makeup’s Holographic stick (retails for $28), and Cover FX Enhancer Drops in ‘Halo’ (retails for $42).

I personally love this trend. I have the NYX Duo Chromatic Highlighters and the Kat Von D Alchemist Palette. I use them whether I have a simple or ‘crazy’ makeup look. They just add an extra wow factor to any makeup look and it makes me feel like a beautiful majestic unicorn.