Her Campus College Fashion Week NYC 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

On October 1st, Her Campus Media took over New York City for their annual College Fashion Week. This event is held every fall and attracts more people every year. The models are all real college women and the different designs shown are aimed towards the college population. Her Campus Manhattanville team members attended this event for the second time this year and we have a full recap for our readers!

Everyone who attended the event recieved a goodie bag. Some of the goodies you could find in your bag was anything from Skinny Popcorn to Maidenform stockings. If you’re a VIP, your goodie bag came with a little bit extra and you also had a seat by the runway for the show. As the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Manhattanville, I was able to sit front row and get a VIP goodie bag. It was a different experience compared to being at the event last year as a volunteer!

While everyone waited for the show to start, there was many different stations thanks to the sponsors. Bertha had a table which gave out cute little cases that came with nail clippers and tweezers. There was a candy table where you could make your own candy bag. Maidenform also had a table as well. All guests were kept entertained throughout the event which was nice. There was even giveaways such as a Rebecca Minkoff purse or a Bertha Watch inbetween show segments.

The show this year was different from last year. All the clothing the models wore came from small upcoming designers who never even had their work shown on a runway before! All the accessories were supplied by Rebecca Minkoff and Vince Camuto. In my opinion, this added a lot more to the outfits and brought a sense of high fashion to the entire event. Instead of one entire walk through, the fashion show was broken up into four segments. Each segment had a different style from a night out to casual business girl. You could find something in each segment that you immediately wanted to buy and suited your own taste.

If you’re someone who is into fashion and want to attend a show, definitely attend the next College Fashion Week in 2017! Not only can you attend and watch the show, but you can also be casted as a model. It’s a great way for you and your friends to get out and try something new! See you at the next CFW! 

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.