Finals Week Survival Tips: Manhattanville Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year… just kidding. Finals week is here at the Ville and we all know what that means. This campus will be crazy this entire week with Valiants trying to make their grades the best they can before the semester is officially over. We got you covered with a few tips on how to handle finals week.

1. “What happened to all that pub cash I had?” You start to regret buying all those snacks from the pub since now you need it for coffee. Advice? Invest in a Kureg in your room or instant coffee. Getting a to-go cup and take that with you EVERYWHERE. If you don’t want to purchase any whenever you go eat in the cafeteria take your to-go cup and fill it up with coffee before your trip to the library.
  2. “Quiet hours?” You think that everyone understands that these hours are sacred, but instead you deal with your loud neighbors once again.

As much as we all have those hall mates who don’t obey to quiet hours, try to find a different quiet place on campus away from the noise. Some suggestions? The castle or Spellman Lounge. If you must stay in your room your last option is to report to your RA.

3. “Now everyone wants to come to the Library?! What is this nonsense?!” We all know it’s impossible to find a spot in the Library at this time. Please try again next semester…

Just kidding! Unfortunately, the Library will be a nightmare at this time. Try to go earlier in the morning if you need a good spot to study or avoid it all together.

4.  “Why do I have a final on Monday and not one until Thursday?” Secretly Manhattanville wants you to stay longer and force you to die just a wee bit more.

The schedule is made by the registrar and well, there isn’t much you can do about it. Ask your professor if you can take it earlier if possible. Some professors will let you take it with another class they have a final with earlier in the week. If not take your free time to catch up on some rest, socialize with friends, pack and study for portions of the day.

Do you have any tips for fellow Valiants? Tweet us @hercampusmville with your tip and the #hcmville! Make sure you’re also following us! We’ll pick a couple of our favorite tips each day of finals week and winners recieve a BOGO Free Chipotle Card! 

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.