This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

This year’s Fall Fest seemed to draw out a bigger crowd than usual, or this might be just because I have a bad habit of sleeping late during this time and missing a lot of the activities, due to me being so tired from midterms. This time around however… I was up early and ready for the day’s festivities, and there were many to be had.

In terms of rides and activities there was the corn maze, bouncy castle, bull ride, trampoline bungie jump high and get a wedgie thingy, pumpkin painting, custom T-Shirt designs, balloon animals, some carnival games, and very new to the Ville was the horse ride around campus, which I unfortunately didn’t get to go on, but looked like a lot of fun!

As far as food and drinks, you could get your fill from the cotton candy station, hot dog truck, hot chocolate area, sugared doughnuts, and I believe that was everything. The hot dog truck was in high demand with pretty much a long line at all times so I didn’t get a chance to try that, but all the other food was great! The hot chocolate was delicious and I had multiple cups of it. Eventually however, the whole hot chocolate area was completely drained from people who kept coming back to enjoy the satisfyingly warm drink, which fought well against the cold winds of the day. The best thing about all the food and drinks offered, is that they were all free! As one mother asked the cotton candy man running the station, “How much for the cotton candy?” to which he replied “Free” to which the woman’s daughter exclaimed “Free?! That’s so nice!”

The clubs of Manhattanville were there to represent, from Hillel, to Film Club, to Her Campus itself, there were many clubs set up in a row doing giveaways, raffles, and interacting with the people passing by. I won a $15 iTunes gift card from one club, so WHOOOO!

One of the best things about Fall Fest is the student performances. Manhattanville has a lot of talent, and they really demonstrated that this past weekend with performances from Manhattanville Sound, Crescendbros, Cassia Fletcher, First Floor, Skin Parade, Andre Blue and Yuqui, Tak3, MDE, MIMO, Royalty Steppers, Dance Troupe, and the battle of the bands winner Innocent Sins. Topping things off was a performance by Mville Alumni group Hi-Def, who performed many covers of popular songs. The talent was diverse. One thing interesting thing that happened is that when MIMO started performing, swarms of people flocked over to go and see them, it was definitely a cool sight to see. When I made my way over there, I could see the hype was well deserved! Shout out to MIMO for putting on a great show.

Also, everybody knows the all-time BEST thing about Fall Fest is THE FOOD! There’s always great food for dinner! This time it was turkey, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes with delicious gravy, pumpkin cheesecake pie, and many more delicious things for your taste buds to enjoy. What’s a better way to end your Fall Fest Night, then with a great meal among family and/or friends.

The MIMO team on the day of Fall Fest (Picture taken from there Facebook page, give them a like!)

Rappers Andre and Yuqui performing on stage together, their combined energy was powerful.

Royalty Steppers did their thing! Always nice to see them perform.

Special thank you to Nick Vincent Barbera for all the awesome Fall Fest pictures!

Also, if I left anyone or anything out, I’m sorry! I tried my best to remember you all!

I'm an aspiring journalist! Currently I write for Her Campus, Manhattanville College's Touchstone Newspaper, and an up and coming Hip-Hop site called RealityIsReal.com. I'm also part of Manhattanville's radio station WMVL Radio, where I conduct many interview with artists. if anyone is a music artist and wants an interview, feel free to send me an email at giannimogrovejo@gmail.com!
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.