jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

During the last weekend of September and into the first day of October, Manhattanville hosted their annual Fall Fest, taking place on Saturday, September 30th . Like previous years before, there were games and activities to play with friends and family including the chance to win small and fun prizes. The event also featured student performers on campus such as the XY Chromotones, Mville Sound, Latin Fusion, and many more!

This year they offered something different for families to enjoy, a ferry ride around the Statue of Liberty while dining on board. The bus left at ten in the morning and arrived at Chelsea Pier around eleven, boarding the Spirit of New York. Inside, it was elegantly decorated and the families from Manhattanville were seated on the second level with easy access points to the outside of the ship.

Music was played as the guests dined on food specifically prepared by the ship’s chefs. Outside there were lounge sets for guests to enjoy the cool autumn air. The weather was cool and crisp, perfect for an autumn boat ride. On our way out we passed by the outskirts of New York City, getting the perfect view of the newly built World Trade Center and passing Ellis Island on our way. During the trip out there, there was a worker on board that served as our informant guide, pointing out sights and their facts.

We rode out to see the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan Bridge before turning around and stopping by the Statue of Liberty. The captain cut the engine for approximately five to six minutes for guests to take pictures of the beautiful monument; afterwards the ship began its journey back to port.

The whole ride was close to two hours long and cost $40 per person. I personally loved it, being out on the sea and sightseeing three wonderful monuments while enjoying lunch with my family. President Geisler shared the journey with us and personally went to each table and introduced himself asking about our experiences at school.

I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone as long as Manhattanville offers this again next year during Fall Fest, making it one of the most memorable experiences I’ve had here thus far.

I am a freshmen at manhattanville college currently majoring in English literature in the hopes of becoming a publisher one day.
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..