Faculty Spotlight : Kristen Hanley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Kristen Hanley is from Orange County, New York. She is one of the new career counselor’s in the CCD. For those who don’t know the CCD stands for Center for Career Development. Kristen grew up in Westchester County and had heard of Manhattanville through friends from high school going there and students from her former job transferred here. When asked about her previous job before Manhattanville Kristen stated, “I had various roles at Rockland Community College over the six years I was there. I was the Coordinator of the Peer Mentoring Program, an Academic Advisor and an Academic Intervention Counselor. I also taught Psychology.” For Manhattanville, Kristen meets with individuals in the CCD to assist them in major and career selection, helps build resumes and cover letters, helps look for internships and jobs. She also helps students explore their online resources. That is only some of what she does on campus, she also plans the job fairs and serves as the liaison for the CCD with School of Business and Education. You can easily say the Kristen is a jack of all trades here at Manhattanville. Besides her dedication to Manhattanville, Kristen is a mother of 2 who loves to hike and travel and hang up her children’s artwork in her office. To meet Kristen or anyone else in the CCD go to Founders G-4. Welcome to Manhattanville Kristen, we hope to see your smile around campus.

Mville Class of '18 Musical Theater Major, American Studies Minor.
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..