This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Holidays are just around the corner and that means it is the season of gift giving! If all of your friends were on Santa’s good list this year than you will be spending lots of money. Here are a few inexpensive DIY gifts that everyone will love.  

1. Reindeer Hot Cocoa Cones

This is an easy and affordable gift option. Substitute the hot cocoa for coffee grinds if the person receiving the gift is a coffee lover! Click this link to see instructions on how to make this.

2. Hand warmers These are the perfect gift for your friend whose hands are always freezing! Perfect to bring to outdoor sporting events or ice-skating to keep your hands warm. They are simple to make too; click here for the instructions on how to make them. 

3. Sweater Sleeve for a Wine Bottle This gift is for all the wine lovers out there. This is slightly on the pricey side since a bottle of wine needs to be purchased but the sweater cover is so cute how could you not give this gift. To learn how to make these click here.

4. Sprinkle Ornament These ornaments are festive and fit right in with the fun holiday season. Click here to find out how to make them. 

5. Pinecone Fire Starters This is a nice and creative gift to help others stay warm this holiday season! Click here for how to make them. 

Senior at Manhattanville College. Class of 2018. Marketing major with a Finance concentration and Management minor. Treasurer of the Manhattanville Hercampus chapter.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.