priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
priscilla du preez WacbrU86JIw unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

In this society something that is insanely normalized is cheating. In television, movies, online and practically everywhere cheating is happening and being tolerated. It happens way more than it should, but sadly it is something that a lot of people have gone through and have to deal with the aftermath. Basically how to get over what happened isn’t going to take one day, so here are some tips on how to deal with being cheated on.

Leave Them!

I know it’s hard if they are begging for another chance, but being strong and set in your decision to leave them is going to give you so much strength. No matter how badly you want to give it a shot always remember that there is someone else out there. And they are going to respect you and treat you how you deserve to be treated.

Spend Time With Family and Friends

Surrounding yourself with people who love and care for you the most is going to get you through this hard time. Family and friends are a great distraction from what is going on and you’ll also be with people who really love and care for you.

Don’t Be Afraid To Get Back Out There

The worst thing you could do to yourself is put your love life on hold because you’re scared of getting hurt again. Not every person is the same and one person’s decision to destroy your trust should not reflect your trust with other people. I know it’s easier said than done but sometimes playing the field will help you realize that there is better out there.

Go See A Therapist!

After being cheated on there are a lot of emotions that you could be feelings. You might not feel good enough or you might think it is your fault but going to see somebody can help you figure out your emotions. Don’t be afraid of therapy and don’t think something is wrong with you because you have to go to therapy. It is completely normal to feel emotions and wanting to talk to a professional about them.

Focus On Self Growth And Love

Take your experiences and grow stronger from them. You are a much better person than your partner was and you can thrive from all of the pain. You can still believe in love despite what you have been through and that is so powerful. The best revenge is happiness.