The Craziest Predictions for Season 2 of Riverdale

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

By NICOLE QUINONES

If you haven’t heard of Riverdale I am so sorry, you have no idea what you are missing out on. Based on the beloved Archie Comics, The CW brought the iconic characters from the comics to life last year. Now Archie, Betty, Veronica and Jughead are returning for season two, October 11th, 2017. Season one had viewers at the edge of their seats the entire time. The mystery of Jason Blossom’s murder was the main focus of the season. In between all of this was secret love affairs, fights, drama and friendships. With season two around the corner fans can’t help themselves but come up with predictions and conspiracy theories for season two!

1. BETTY’S SECRET BROTHER CHICK IS FP’S SON! NOT HAL’S!

We’ve seen the shared sibling in a romance on Gossip Girl between Dan and Serena. Praying that the writers don’t do the same for Betty and Jughead! It’s way too creepy!

2.  VERONICA’S FATHER HIRAM LODGE HIRED SOMEONE TO SHOOT FRED!

Now that Hiram Lodge will be appearing in Riverdale played by Mark Consuelos fans can’t help themselves to think that he hired the man to shoot Fred at the end of season 1. Because of the love affair between Hermione and Fred, it gives the upcoming character a reason to want to target Fred. This also calls for a rift in Archie and Veronica’s romance with a feud between their families. If so…we’re shook.

3.    CHERYL BLOSSOM’S SEXUALITY WILL BE EXPLORED

Madelaine Petsch the red head beauty who portrays Cheryl Blossom has hinted that in season two Cheryl might have a romance with a woman. Fans love the idea that there will be more same sex couples portrayed in the show. Cheryl you’re doing great sweetie.

4. JUGHEAD WILL JOIN THE SERPENTS AND BETTY WILL JOIN WITH HIM

You would be lying to yourself if you say you don’t want to see Serpent Jughead and Betty! Predictions are made that Jughead will want to clear his father’s name so he will join the Serpents. There is apparently going to be more “Dark Betty”, which has fans thinking the two will be sporting leather jackets together, falling more in love. Bughead feels in full effect for season 2!

Will all these predictions and conspiracy theories come true in season two? Do not forget to find out October 11th on The CW. We can’t wait to return to Riverdale!

Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..