This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

“Be fearless, fierce, and stay true to yourself!” 

Name: Nasir Fleming 

Age: 19 

Year: freshman 

Major: communications with a french minor

Hometown: Danbury, CT 

Relationship Status: single

Top Five Famous Crushes: Stromae, Marina and the Diamonds, Florence Welch, Solange and Natalia Kills 

Interests: film, creative writing, languages and travel 

Dream Travel Destinations: Africa and South America 

Campus Activities: Gay Straight Alliance, Manhattanville Video Project, Campus Activities Board 

Current Favorite Song: “Stronger” by Clean Bandit 

Current Favorite Class: “Writing for the Media,” taught by professor Paul Levitz 

Favorite thing about Mville: diversity.

Plans after Mville: “I want to spend most of my 20s working internationally, traveling the world.” 

What would you say to someone who’d like to know you better? Come get to know me!” 

What advice do you have for freshman as National Decision Day rapidly approaches? Money is always a factor, but put your happiness first.”

Laura was a founding member, contributing writer, and Social Media Coordinator for the HerCampus Manhattanville chapter. After graduating in 2018 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Digital Media Production and double minors in History and Music, Laura moved to Washington, DC to work full-time the hospitality, events, and media production. Outside of full-time work, Laura volunteers with local community events and mutual aid initiatives in addition to working through their to-read and to-watch lists and making time for learning and community. Check out their LinkedIn for more info!
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.