Apple, Volumes 8 – X

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

On Tuesday, September 12th, Apple held an event announcing a whole slew of new products, updating their current product line, and bringing excitement to current iPhone users looking to upgrade. The keynote was the first to take place in the Steve Jobs Theater dedicated to the co-founder of Apple, Steve Job at the new apple campus.

The keynote started with a video in memory of Steve Jobs and all the great things he did for the company, coupled with his mission to enrich the lives of others. We then got introduced to the new line of Apple Watch with the main feature being LTE cellular support and an updated more efficient processor. The watches will also feature watchOS4 which comes with new workouts, a few new watch faces, and the ability to talk, text, and stream music without needing your phone around with the cellular model. The models start at $329 for the non-cellular models and $399 for the cellular.

We then saw great improvements to the Apple TV featuring 4K HDR resolution support and 4K movies now being available to purchase via the iTunes Store. The new Apple TV comes in at $179 for the 32gb model and $199 for the 64gb.

The iPhone 8 offers new features like a new glass design and wireless charging. iOS 11 will also come on the devices which includes changes to the control center and new and improved Siri. The iPhone 8 is seen in a new shade of gold that looks stunning on the promotional pictures and the new processor is sure to shine when multitasking on your phone. Other updates include a faster processor and better camera performance. The 8 starts at $699 and the 8+ starts at $799 a huge chunk of cash for anyone interested.  With the new IOS also comes a completely redesigned App store.

The main attraction was the iPhone X (pronounced 10) which eliminates the home button in, favor of an all screen experience and face unlocking technology called Face ID. The phone comes in a smaller form factor but a screen that is 5.8’, larger than the current iPhone 7 Plus. Apple also introduced Animojis, animated emojis copy your facial expressions.Trying to get your hand on one? Get ready to spend lots of money, possibly making it the most expensive iPhone ever staring at $999.

The iPhone 8 and 8 Plus comes out Friday September 22 along with the new Apple Watch and Apple TV, the iPhone X will be released Nov 11. For more information on other new features visit the Apple.com

All images courtesy of cultofmac.com

Lit Foodie and Cacti enthusiast Manhattanville College class of 2018, Marketing and Communications major.
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..