absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

8 Things All Picky Eaters Will Relate To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

1. Going Out To Eat

Going out to eat is one of the most stressful things for picky eaters. It is 10,000 times worse if you have never eaten there before and they don’t have an online menu. And when you get to the restaurant and order that is a whole new stress.

1. Being Judged

People love to judge how we eat. They think that we are weird because we of the way that we eat our food. Like me for example I hate tomato sauce but love chicken parm, so I order it at restaurants without tomato sauce and pray no one comments or gives me a look!

1. “Safe Foods”

When you do eat some place new, you tend to stick to the same foods. These “safe foods” are literally the only safe haven you have when it comes to food. Being adventures just isn’t for you.

1. Trying New Things

Everyone is constantly trying to force you to try new things. Please Stop!!! I like what I eat and I know I will NOT like that so please stop forcing me to eat things I don’t like!!!!

1. The Yuck Face

If you try to force us to eat something, you will get my “this is disgusting face” probably followed by me not speaking to you or giving you dirty looks for a while. It is a lot easier for both of us ,if you just don’t make us try it.

1. Bread

Bread is literally a picky eaters world. I mean where can you go wrong. It is bread there is no other way to describe it other than heaven.

1. Foreign Countries

While you always want to travel everywhere in the world, the thing that stops you, besides your bank account, is that fact that you know will not eat anything. If you do end up going you either bring pounds of peanut butter and bread with you or end up losing the 10lbs (the opposite of what everyone else does).

1. The 5 Senses

All picky eaters know that taste is not the only sense that is important when eating. Smell and Sight are also very important. If something looks weird or smells weird chances are we aren’t eating it. Sorry! Not Sorry!! I don’t care if it is the tastiest food in the world, but looks/smells weird it isn’t going to happen.

Hi!! I'm Stacey! I'm a Senior at Manhattanville College! Class of 2016! I'm a Early Childhood Education and English Lit. major!! I'm the Secretary for Her Campus Mville.