5 Things To Do Over Winter Break To Prevent Boredom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

If you’re like me, your summer job is literally a summer job only! I work as a lifeguard at an outdoor pool. I don’t think anyone would want to go swimming in 30 degree weather. To prevent you from being bored over this 6 week break, here are some ideas!

1. Volunteer Being a volunteer is really rewarding. You get to help people who are in need for anything whether it be a smile or a coat! This is especially needed with it being the holiday season!
  2. Babysit Since it is the holiday, schools are off which means parents need someone to watch their children! It is also the season for parties, giving parents another reason to need a babysitter. If you love kids this is a great thing to do. It is also great because you get paid, which is always a plus!
  3. Be a Tourist Go out and explore your city! Find all of the best places to get bagels, coffee, etc.! If you live close to the city, explore it! There are tons of things you can do. These things can range from being extremely expensive to free depending on where you go and what you do!
  4. Exercise Take this time to get yourself in shape! You have 6 weeks to make yourself stronger and have more endurance. You don’t even have to join a gym! There are tons of at home workouts just at your fingertips online!
  5. Cleanse Your Life This is something I do over every break! I start with my closet and work my way around my room. I get rid of anything that I no longer like, doesn’t fit right anymore, or I haven’t worn since the 8th grade. I then do the same with my room. I go through my stuff and get rid of anything I have grown out of or no longer need. You’ll be surprised at the amount of stuff that accumulates over the years. This also leaves room for you to get new things, which is always fun! Just make sure you organize everything as you put it back or you’ll create a bigger mess than you started with!
Hi!! I'm Stacey! I'm a Senior at Manhattanville College! Class of 2016! I'm a Early Childhood Education and English Lit. major!! I'm the Secretary for Her Campus Mville.
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.