This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

It’s almost time to gather with your family and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year! I don’t know about you, but I always like to look nice during family gatherings. Here are 5 outfit ideas for your family gathering.

1. Pattern Love I personally love playing with patterns. This look does just that! The plaid top paired with the polka dot cream skirt really looks great. Also, having the pop of color from the shoes with a bow design ties everything together!
  2. Comfy Casual The reason I love this look is because it’s casual, but still comfortable and presentable for a family gathering! Between the scarf and the pop of cranberry with the shoes, this look is perfect for relaxing with family.
  3. Riding Boot Craze Who doesn’t love riding boots? This is the season to wear them after all! You can look great for your family grathering with riding boots, leggings and a comfy sweater. Add a bit more sparkle to your look with a statement piece. Super cute!
  4. Simple Cardigan Cardigan’s are great! They always add to an outfit. Fuzzy ones like this keep you warm and stylish! Pair this with jeans or even leggings and a nice top. 
  5. Bit of Sparkle Who doesn’t love a little bit of sparkle? This look pairs tights, a sequin skirt and a comfy sweater. The textures work really well and if you rocked some black boots you’d be all set!
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.