5 Foundations That Support Those With Breast Cancer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

It’s a scary thought that breast cancer can be diagnosed in anyone, no matter what age, female or male, or race. Breast Cancer is a disease in which malignant cells form in the tissues of the breast. It is the most common cancer in women in which 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed in their lives. There will be over 252,710 women in the United States diagnosed with breast cancer and 40,500 will pass away from this horrible cancer. Even though it sounds like breast cancer only occurs in women, men can get it too, in which there are over 2,000 men diagnosed with breast cancer. Here are the top 5 donation foundations to donate to to help breast cancer research:

1. Breast Cancer Research Foundation

1. Susan G Komen

1. National Breast Cancer Foundation INC

1. American Cancer Society

1. Memorial Sloan Kettering

Rebecca Bodtmann  Manhattanville College '19
Student at Manhattanville College, right outside of New York City! Editor at the Mville chapter I am majoring in Marketing and Communications with a minor in Sociology, and look forward to working either in the music business, or at a non-profit organization! I am an advocate for those who suffer from mental illness, such as anxiety, suicidal thoughts, depression, and self harm. I'm a crafter, dreamer, and traveler. I believe everyone has a story that's just waiting to be told..