5 Delicious Non-Traditional Thanksgiving Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.

Thanksgiving has to be one of my favorite holidays. Being with my family, expressing what I’m thankful for, and of course enjoying a delicious homrmade feast! While some food at Thanksgiving is kept traditional such as the turkey or casseroles, my family welcomes new creative ideas with open arms. Here are 5 delicious recipes can add to your dinner table this Thanksgiving.

1. Cinnamon Sugar Glazed Carrots A nice spin on the basic cooked carrots. This recipe adds a nice flavor and more of a holiday feel.
  2. Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms I personally love mushrooms and this recipe adds a twist! Creamy and soft, this recipe will surely win over your family. It also will taste amazing with the turkey!
  3. Feta Spinich Stuffed French Bread Feta, spinich and bread! What could get any better than that? This recipe adds something new to the table besides the traditional butter rolls.
  4. Bacon Wrapped Stuffing Bites Stuffing is always a favorite at Thanksgiving dinner. This recipe takes stuffing up a bit by making smaller bites with bacon! I’ve personally tried this and it’s amazing!
  5. Apple Fritter Monkey Bread Having a delicious sweet treat for after dinner is a plus! Maybe ditch the apple pie and try this recipe. Who can’t love monkey bread?
Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.