This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mville chapter.
  1. Tinted Moisturizer For the days foundation maybe too much, a light coverage tinted moisturizer is my favorite to use. I use the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 20 ($44), but a good dupe is NYX’s Tinted Moisturizer.
  2. Tinted Brow Mascara You can splurge for the Benefit Cosmetic’s Gimme Brow ($24), which is my personal favorite. But the best dupe is NYX Cosmetics Tinted Brow Mascara ($7), works the same and has a college student friendly price. 
  3. Neutral Eye Shadow Palette Everyone needs a neutral eye shadow palette in their makeup collection. I happen to have too many that is hard to pick just two. The splurge end would be, of course, the Urban Decay Naked Palette (my personal favorite is Naked 3, which retails for $54). The more affordable neutral palette is the NYX Dream Catcher Palette in ‘Golden Horizon’ ($15).
  4. Lengthening/Volumizing Mascara My two all time favorite mascaras are Benefit’s Roller Lash Curling Masacara ($24) and NYX Cosmetics Lush Lashes Badunkadunk Mascara ($7). A good mascara brings a neutral look together.
  5. Setting Spray

Even if you are wearing very little makeup, setting spray makes a huge difference! Setting spray will make you makeup last longer whether you are sweating, crying because your teachers are trying to kill you with school work, or just going about your day. My two favorite are Urban Decay’s All Nighter Setting Spray ($30) and NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray ($8).

Shanice Peters is a Senior at Manhattanville College. She is from Brooklyn, NY. She's a Creative Writing major with a minor in Marketing and Communications. In her free time she enjoys making YouTube videos about fashion and beauty, writing on her personal blog and watching Gossip Girl. She's excited to be the Campus Correspondent for Manhattanville and hopes to engage students in her last year.