original graphic for week six of the bachelor recap series
Photo by Canva
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Before we get started, I wanted to mention something I realized while watching this week’s episode: we are technically on week seven, not six. My articles are on track, and I haven’t missed a week, but I think I counted the week after night one as week one when it really should have been week two. If this was confusing for anyone, I apologize, but I’m going to continue with the number system I have as to not further confusion. If you’re reading along week-by-week, you should be all good. Anyway, let’s dive into this week’s recap, despite how terribly boring the series gets around this time with little drama and disgusting love.

a single red rose lying on a black tabletop
garryknight

Madison receives her second one-on-one, and my gosh, her spider lashes have come back with full vengeance. I’m worried Peter’s eye will get poked out while they’re making out. Despite her scary lashes, Madison’s as cute and sweet as ever, reminding me why she has been a front runner for so long even if she hasn’t had a one-on-one in a long time. She gives Peter the right amount of validation, saying he shouldn’t have doubts about her, without laying it on in a way that seems too much too soon for this show. She’s not falling in love with him yet; she just wants him to know she’s in this for him. Although Madison isn’t there yet, Peter sure is. He drops the ‘L’ word for the first time this season, confessing that he’s falling in love with Madison. Now, I know Peter and Ben H. have talked before, so Peter better not drop the ‘L’ word with any other contestant, or else this will get real messy real fast. At this point in the season, if Peter doesn’t end up with Madison or Kelley, all of my time will have been officially wasted. 

Thankfully, Natasha gets the one-on-one she has so desperately deserved and needed this entire time. However, this also seems to be her downfall. The connection with Peter is there; I can tell he’s really intrigued by her. Without that much needed one-on-one time earlier in the season, their connection just fell behind everyone else’s, and Peter sends Natasha home during their date. I really like Natasha and, though I can’t see her doing Bachelor in Paradise, I think she would make a great bachelorette. 

Next, we have Kelsey’s one-on-one. Much like Hannah Ann, Kelsey continues to bother the crap out of me, and I have no concrete reasons as to why she does. She just irks me whenever she’s on-screen, and I can’t be bothered to pay attention. I know she opens up to Peter about her issues with her more or less absent father, who will not be in attendance when Peter goes to her hometown (or maybe he will? That would be a fun surprise). Peter is obviously crazy about Kelsey, and she receives a rose, leaving three girls and two roses left for this week.

Hannah Ann, Victoria F., and Kelley go on their three-on-one date, which must be even more awkward than a two-on-one. It’s so glaringly obvious to everyone, except Peter, that Kelley is the obvious choice. Even she knows it! She’s very confident and boastful about how much better she is than the other two. However, the bachelor nation knows this type of editing is not a good sign. Surely Victoria F. blew her chances with that awful conversation! Accusing Peter of “always being a mood” when they have a conversation, despite Victoria F. always being negative and self-sabotaging her chances, their conversation feels super aggressive and unresolved for no reason. Incredibly, by some miracle, Victoria F. and Hannah Ann, who looks so pained whenever she smiles, receive the roses, sending Kelley home. If not Natasha as the next bachelorette, at least let it be Kelley. She also seems too good for Bachelor in Paradise. 

As Kelley put it, the final four are very immature and childish. I don’t see wifey material in any of them, so I have no idea what Peter is doing anymore. Madison is a frontrunner, for sure, and has her head screwed on the most, but she still does not seem that ready. Only hometowns will tell next week, and of course, the preview shows more tears from Victoria F. This season sure is not wrapping up the way I expected, and the only positive outcome I can foresee is if Peter’s mom is crying out to him about Hannah B., to “bring her home”.

Allison Hine

Murray State '20

Allison is a psychology major at Murray State University and can be easily spotted across campus by her purple hair. As a St. Louis native, she loves Ted Drewes and will certainly ask where you went to high school. She's been riding horses for over eight years and hopes to someday afford a horse of her own. But, her Pitbull, Piccolo, will do for now. When she's not talking about her dog, Allison can usually be found binging the latest shows on Hulu and Netflix (her favorites at the moment are Station 19 and Glee (again)).