This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

These past few months have felt more like years, meaning I’ve been doing a lot of Netflix watching. Now, normally I watch an episode or two a day so it takes me several months to finish a series. But over quarantine, I had way too much time on my hands so of course, I turned to new shows. Here’s a list of everything I watched since March, and my personal rating. 

1.  Tiger King

Now Netflix’s Tiger King was the show of quarantine. I don’t know a single person who did not succumb to Joe Exotic and his crazy ways. I watched this sometime in March or April. It feels like that was two years ago though, so I really don’t remember too much of it. I know that there were a bunch of crazy white men running around with dangerous animals. I don’t support any of the practices shown in the show, and I wasn’t a big fan of the people as well. We got a couple of laughs and some fun TikToks out of it but otherwise, there wasn’t much to gain. 3/10

2. Billy on the Street

This show was such a good thing to put on when I was working on something else like cleaning my room or just hanging out. It doesn’t take much to pay attention and is a tad repetitive, but all in all it’s really funny. Billy Eichner is the host and each episode features at least one celebrity guest, so there are lots of appearances from lots of your favs. The show takes place on the streets of New York and it’s basically Eichner interacting with random strangers. They play games, he quizzes them, and it’s just a lot of fun. You can watch Billy on the Street on Netflix. 7/10

3. The Imagineering Story

This show is a Disney+ documentary. I highly recommend it for any Disney fans. I watched this with my family over the summer. It was so interesting to learn about different aspects of all the theme parks and certain movies. The show takes you through history from the beginning of Disney to present times and gives you a behind the scenes view into the life of an Imagineer. In case you didn’t know, Imagineers are behind the research and development of The Walt Disney Company. In the show, you get to hear from world-famous artists, builders, and designers who had a say in the design of the Disney Parks and franchise. I totally recommend this show! 9/10

4. The Circle

This show was a little out of my typical range, but it was really good! Apparently this show was similar to Big Brother, which I have never seen. Basically all the contestants are in their own little room and they have no physical contact with anyone else. They set up a profile on the “Circle” which is the social platform that connects all the players. The crazy thing is, the players can choose to play as themselves or as someone else. Several decide to catfish and several don’t, but the object is to vote all the catfish out and stay in the game the longest. They play little games, chat with each other, and update their profiles. At the end of the week, they all vote someone out of the circle. You can watch The Circle on Netflix. 7/10

5. Criminal Minds

This. Show. Is. AMAZING! I have an obsession, and I’m not afraid to say it. It’s true crime mixed with drama and comedy, and I love it. I just don’t know how to explain it except for saying watch it. Please. You will love every character and every episode. 12 out of the 15 seasons are on Netflix. Watch it. 11/10

6. 100 Humans

This show was like an entertaining science experiment. A group of comedians (?)—I’m not really sure who they were honestly—hosted the show and performed a variety of psychological experiments on the 100 participants to test stereotypes and other interesting questions. Each episode has a theme that all the experiments pertain to. For example, one episode had to do with love and yet another with who is the better sex. This show was genuinely interesting and was a fun way to learn about psychology. I would recommend this show to anyone, not just someone who’s interested in the topic. You can watch this show on Netflix. 8/10

7. The Mandalorian

My family was way behind on this show, but I’m so glad we finally watched it. My sister and I had never seen the Star Wars movies so we decided to watch them all in order and include The Mandalorian. At first, I wasn’t interested in the show, but I soon was so into in it that I was thinking about the next episode all day at work.​ For any weirdos who haven’t seen it yet (like me), watch it now! 8/10

8. Evil Genius

This was a one day watch. It’s only a few episodes, but it’s great for those who love true crime. It’s on Netflix.  6/10

Hannah Kamman

Murray State '22

Hannah Kamman is an elementary education major at Murray State University. In her spare time, she enjoys watching movies, spending time outside and cuddling with her cat. She is a dance teacher and a tree hugger.