What is a Book Fairy and How Do I Become One?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Technology is changing the world and the way people live their lives. We take notes on laptops, calendars are on our phones, and books have turned into EBooks. The Book Fairies is an underground project with a goal to share books with the world.

The Book Fairies launched in 2017 and you can get involved, too! You become a Book Fairy by buying stickers to put on the books you have read to give away. The Book Fairies not only sell stickers but as well as bags, ribbons and bundles. Everything is very affordable. A better known Book Fairy is Emma Watson who hid 100 signed copies of The Handmaids Tale all around Paris in support of the movement. 

The movement has even made it to Murray State University. Several books have been spread across campus. There are a few Fairies on campus that are trying to make a difference to support this reading movement. Becoming a Book Fairy is a great way to give back to the community and spread a good message. For more detail, go to www.ibelieveinbookfairies.com

Hannah Tomes

Murray State '20

Hannah is a TV Production & Theatre/Film major. She is 21 years old. She loves cliché movies like The Kissing Booth. She loves writing script and doing short films in her free time. Hannah is also a Resident Advisor at her residential college here at Murray State University. Hannah also has a cat and his name is Esmeralda. Yes, you read that right. He is a boy with a girl name. Hannah said it's a long story.