Dog with toys
Dog with toys
Maddie Hiatt/Canva

Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Your Furry Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Valentine’s Day is not just for your significant other, but it is also about the love you have for that special furry friend in your life. Our pets have shown us quite a bit of love, especially this past year. If you happen to be spending Valentine’s Day with your cat or dog this year, you may want to consider giving them something special to thank them for all of the furry hugs and kisses they give. I would give anything to my own little love-bug because she keeps me company on some of my most stressful days. From dog beds to treats or engaging toys for cats and dogs, I have rounded up a selection of some of the best Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your furry friends.

Whisker City Sushi Catnip Cat Toys

These sushi shaped catnip toys are a blast to give to your feline friends. These toys are infused with catnip, which attracts cats and can keep them entertained for hours. When your cat bites into the toy or tosses it around, they will make a crinkling sound,too.

Alpha Paw Cozy Calming Bed for Dogs (also available for cats)

This bed was designed specifically for calming your pet’s anxiety. This bed is available in both cat and dog versions, it is made with plush vegan fabric that is meant to mimic a mother’s plush fur and warmth that radiates from her body, which creates a natural feeling of comfort and safety, lessening your pet’s stress.

K&H Pet Products Kitty Sill Cat Window Hanging Bed

If your cats are anything like mine, then they love laying on the window sill, then this hanging bed is a perfect gift for them. This bed comes with screws if you would want to permanently attach it to your window sill, but you can also install it using velcro. The hanging bed is able to support up to 40 pounds, so be careful if your cat happens to be little on the chunkier side like mine. However, this bed does come with removable bolster for added support. The best part is that the cover that comes with it is removable, so you can put it in the washing machine for a quick clean when your cat finally decides to move.

Loving Pets Bella Bowls Pet Bowl

This Valentine’s Day themed pet bowl is decorated with some of the cutest hearts. It has a stainless steel interior, which makes it good for fighting against bacteria. The bowl also features a removable rubber base that helps to prevent it from moving around while your pet eats or drinks, and it also eliminates that noise that comes from your pet moving it around.

Wild One Harness Walk Kit

Some cats are more adventurous than others. My cats do not fall into that category, but it doesn’t mean I haven’t tried to get them out and exploring. The Wild One Walk Kit comes with a matching set of pet products that you will need to walk your pet through the neighborhood. It features a lightweight harness, dirt-resistant and waterproof leash, and a poop bag carrier.  This kit comes in eight different colors, and you can choose from three different sizes and leash lengths.

Hopefully, you and your pet can celebrate Valentine’s Day the way you want to celebrate it. It can feel lonely when you don’t have a special someone to celebrate your love with, but your dog and cat love you unconditionally, and they won’t get mad if you forget to give them a gift on this special day, but it does help!

Gabrielle Gray

Murray State '22

Gabrielle Gray is currently a senior at Murray State University majoring in Elementary Education.Other than attending classes, you can find her drinking coffee at Shaffer Coffee Co., eating sushi from Market 22 in the Curris Center, or helping out around the university. Gabrielle is heavily involved at Murray State University by being one of the College of Education and Human Services senators for the 2020-2021 academic year for the Murray State University Student Government Association, volunteering for events being held around campus, as well as being a social butterfly. Check her out this Fall at the Springer housing desk, or when she occasionally works at her second home: Dan's Southern Prep.