This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Our team is made up of different women and men from different walks of life and varying backgrounds. We’re very proud to have so many strong individuals in our ranks! I had the privilege to sit down with one of our team members to get to know her more.

Name: Jordyn with a “y” Rowland (That’s how she introduces herself on the first day of classes.) 

Major: Public Relations with a minor in journalism

Hometown: Murray, Kentucky

Her Campus Position: Campus Correspondent (She keeps us in line.)

Sign: Virgo (Her season just ended.)

Favorite Food: Anything vegan and gluten free. I basically eat grass. 

(Yes, that’s Jordyn sitting outside the famous Seattle Grace Hospital.)

Favorite TV Show?

JR: I’ve been obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy for years. (She’s an OG and has been watching since 2005. She was 8 years old at the time.) Really I could answer anything that Shonda Rhimes wrote and that would cover it. (She’s been interacting with the cast and crew on Twitter for years now, and has even met most of the cast.)

Favorite Place to Travel?

JR: Right now I’ll say Los Angeles, but I think that will change once I live there. 

Dream Vacation: 

JR: Italy sounds like heaven. I’m saving up. (Same, girl *heart eye emoji*)

Favorite Part of Murray State:

JR: The refund check. (LOL) 

Are you involved in anything else on campus?

JR: I’m a member of PRSSA (for those of you who don’t know, that stands for Public Relations Student Society of America), and the TV club where a short film I wrote actually just won our film festival. (You can watch that here, but have tissues.)

Most embarrassing moment in college?

JR: I do something to embarrass myself daily but I think the time I got run over by someone on a hover board in the middle of the quad takes the cake. 

Best or worst date you’ve ever been on?

JR: I don’t really date, so I really have no good stories… I did have a guy who was obsessed with me for about two years. That was fun. (She’s being sarcastic.) 

What’s something people don’t know about you? 

JR: Both of my arms are double jointed from my wrists to my shoulders. I can do all kinds of werid things, want to see me dislocate my shoulder? (I said no. She told me it was gross… I’ll just take her word for it.)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

JR: I see myself in a writers’ room in Los Angeles, sitting next to Shonda Rhimes, drinking an almond milk caramel macchiato (that vegan life), and staring at my latest Emmy. Was that specific enough? 

All photos courtesy of Jordyn Rowland

Lauren is a junior studying History and Education at Murray State. She enjoys reading, spends an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, and takes long naps as often as she can. She loves the oxford comma, going to concerts, and watching Try Guys videos to avoid doing homework. You can find her on Instagram (@laurenedminster) and Twitter (also @laurenedminster).
Jordyn Rowland

Murray State '19

Jordyn is a public relations major and film studies minor at Murray State University, where she has been for three years as an undergraduate student. She is an avid watcher of anything created by Shonda Rhimes, but her favorite is by far Grey's Anatomy. She enjoys traveling... a lot. Her favorite places so far are Los Angeles and Berlin. She really loves her dog and would adopt 50 more if she wasn't allergic. Jordyn's plans include running her own TV show and trying every drink on the menu (including the hidden one!) from Starbucks.