burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Tattoos According to Your Star Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Choosing to get a tattoo is a serious decision. It is something that will be on your body forever, so it’s important to choose carefully. Walking into a tattoo shop and getting a cliché spring break tattoo with your BFFs probably isn’t the best idea. Getting a tattoo that isn’t well thought out or isn’t fully “you” will most likely lead to regret. If you’re wanting a tattoo but don’t know how to go about it, consider letting your zodiac sign give you some guidance. Nothing can describe you more accurately or help you better understand who you are than your star sign.

Aries

For the independent and spontaneous aeries who very well may be getting their tattoo on a whim, consider getting a bold word or saying that truly describes who you are. Maybe even a wildflower to represent your free-spirited self and how you go to the beat of your drum.

Image via Natalie Rhea on Unsplash

Taurus

For the Taurus who are structured, stable, but also sentimental, and sensitive, think something like a flower or greenery. A tattoo with thin lining placed around the neck is an idea for your romantic side and could easily be hidden.

Image via Bryan Fernandez on Unsplash

Gemini

All sides of a Gemini’s personality are powerful so they might choose a tattoo that has two opposing perspectives or something to do with powerful aspects of the earth. A lighting strike, the moon phases, or the ocean and the mountains. These would fit your charismatic and powerful personality well.

Image via Elizabeth Tsung on Unsplash

Cancer

The sensitive, caring, and codependent caregiver might find interest in getting a tattoo that ties them to something or someone extremely important in their lives. An idea could be the coordinates of your childhood home, or the date of a significant moment in your life.Pic via Cody Black on Unsplash

Leo

Leos enjoy being out there and aren’t afraid to show who they are. For that reason, they should do a bigger or more colorful tattoo than most. A wild animal could represent how driven and powerful you are.

Image via Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Virgo

A minimalistic tattoo that is detailed and complex would fit a Virgo and their complex mind.

Image via Larm Rmah on Unsplash

Libra

For the balanced and stable libra, you might like a tattoo that portrays different aspects of the earth like the stars and planets or two aspects of nature that create harmony.

Pic via Greg Kantra on unsplash

Scorpio

For the intimate Scorpios think of doing something on the hip bone. That way you have the option to show it when you please. A thin lined rose could show the intimacy and beauty you might want to portray.

Image via Daniel Apodaca on Unsplash

Sagittarius 

For a sign that likes being free and doing their own thing, a map or compass could be an idea because what represents being free and doing what you want than a tattoo about travel.

Image via Don Ross via Unsplash

Capricorn

The organized Capricorn might consider getting a tattoo with structure. Ad idea could be a sequence or tattoo in a certain line. Something with parallel lines could make for a good choice.  Pic via Max Rovensky on Unsplash

Aquarius

For the sign that enjoys being set apart from the crowd and being their own person do something completely different. Aquarius are known for their strong values which could be shown through a favorite quote. An Aquarius could make it set apart and original by getting it in a different color ink or font then you normally see.

Image via Annie Spratt on Unsplash

Pisces

Pisces are known for being a little bit of a mysterious sign but one who feels very deeply. This sign is bound to pair well with something creative with a deep meaning.

Image via Brooke Cagle on Unsplash

Hannah Bettag is a Public Relations major at Murray State and a Marketing minor at Murray State University. She is involved in her sorority, along with other orgnaizations. She loves music, fashion, concerts, going on adventures, and is most likely thinking about tacos!