This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Finals week: a week of pulling all nighters, drinking ungodly amounts of coffee, and just trying to survive at best. This can be one of the most stressful weeks you experience in your college career. Not that grades are everything… but it kind of seems that way. It can be hard to find the motivation to study non-stop and fit studying for five (or more!) finals into one week. Something I couldn’t get through finals week without is a study playlist. Even though there really is no “fun” way to study for finals, music helps a ton. A study playlist helps me focus, calms my nerves, and creates a more positive mindset. When studying, I often find myself getting distracted, overwhelmed, or discouraged. Having the right playlist helps me forget about what’s to come and focus on what I’m doing at that moment. Whether you’re at a local coffee shop, the library or at home, this playlist is perfect for grabbing a cup of coffee… maybe even a couple shots of espresso, and getting on the finals week grind.

Here are 3 of my favorite songs from “Coffee and Chill”:

1. Chihiro//Yoste

For being a huge music fan, listening to music with words can be hard because I get engrossed in the message or the meaning of the song. Choosing calm songs, with minimal words helps me to be able to enjoy something I love while doing something I hate. It makes the study process a little more bearable.

2. Holocene// Bon Iver

To me, any Bon Iver song is great for any chill, calm environment. It’s important I don’t get myself worked up or more stressed while studying so Bon Iver is the way to go.

3. I could Fight On A Wall// Aquilo

This is another favorite of mine because it is extremely mellow with minimal words.

Hannah Bettag is a Public Relations major at Murray State and a Marketing minor at Murray State University. She is involved in her sorority, along with other orgnaizations. She loves music, fashion, concerts, going on adventures, and is most likely thinking about tacos!