Staying in Murray This Weekend? Here's What to Do

Murray may not be a big city, but there are plenty of things to do even if parties aren't your thing.  

Free Things To Do

Go to the Farmer's Market

On Saturday mornings, the Murray Downtown Farmer's Market has fresh fruits and vegetables from 7am til noon.  

Land Between the Lakes (LBL)

You can hike, fish, kayak, star gaze and enjoy the weather. 

Go to the park 

If you don't feel like making the drive to LBL, you can always walk or bike around the park. There's space to play soccer, fly a kite, or even play disc golf.   

Go to the Arboretum

Even if trees aren't your thing, the Arboretum is a beautiful place. 

Set up your hammock

Hang it somewhere on campus, at the park, or at LBL and bring a book or take a nap.

Residential College Council Events

Some weekends your residential college may be hosting events like Richmond College's 5 Nights of Halloween. It's a great way to meet new people.  

Go to a play

For the most part, Murray State students get in to Murray State's theater performances for free. 

Go to a football, basketball, or volleyball game

Murray State students get in free to these too. Even if you don't like sports, the atmosphere can be fun. 

Watch Netflix

To be fair, you can do this anywhere, but finding time to relax in college can be difficult. Take the time and de-stress. 

Cheap Things To Do

Mini Golfing

A mini golf place recently opened up in Murray with a glow-in-the-dark golf course. 

Bowling

Get a group of friends together and shamelessly bowl with the bumpers up.

Roller Skating

The roller rink may be sketchy, but it's a cheap way to get out and have fun.