This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

The season of fall has fun activities, great weather and specialty food and drinks. Read about some of our members favorite fall traditions in this edition of Spill. These could give you some new ideas for autumn adventures, and maybe you can start a new tradition with your family and friends.

“My favorite Fall tradition is getting my friends together for our annual bonfire. We cook a big meal, make cider and just enjoy the company.”

“I like decorating pumpkins by painting and carving them.”

“Watching the Halloweentown movies are one of my fave parts of fall. They are so cute and spooky.”

“My favorite fall tradition is going to the St. Louis zoo with my mom with fall Starbucks drinks when it’s colder outside and less crowded.”

“My family goes on a hayride to a pumpkin patch every year. We take an annual photo and pick out the perfect pumpkin to carve.”

Photo Courtesy of Maddy Baker

“Fall-themed baked good are the best to make!”

“Apple picking! It’s fun, you get to be outside, see all the beautiful fall trees, and get some yummy apples. Go with your S/O or your girl gang.”

“I like eating fall foods like the fried apple pies and fresh cider.”

“My favorite fall tradition is watching a super cheesy Halloween movie while drinking apple cider and eating a pumpkin roll. All the fall things at once!”

“I like apple picking because apples are my favorite fruit.”

Photo Courtesy of Tim Mossholder

“I like to go to haunted houses before Halloween with my friends. I love it!”

“My favorite thing to do in fall is to hike somewhere where the trees are changing. I like the different colors.”

“Watching horror movies with my friends is so fun.”

“Every year, my family has a cooking competition in the fall. There are no rules except these two: you have to use pumpkin in some way, and you can’t make the same thing twice. The first year, it was a lot of cookies and bread. Now that it’s been a while, things are getting pretty creative. I’m not sure how this even started, but it’s really fun and we all look forward to it every year. This year, I’m making a pasta dish with a pumpkin sauce. We’ll see how it goes!”

Clare Froehlich

Murray State '19

Clare is a senior Public Relations major at Murray State University. She is the senior editor for her university's Her Campus chapter. She can usually be found at the closest dog park or planning for her next travel destination.