This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

This is the moment we have all been waiting for. The Princess Diaries 3 project is in the works. Recently Anne Hathaway did an interview with Watch What Happens Live in which she stated a script has been written for the movie.

“There is a script for the third movie,” she said. “I want to do it. Julie [Andrews] wants to do it. Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen. It’s just we don’t want to unless it’s perfect because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you, and we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready, but we’re working on it so…”

No details of whether the third movie will differ from the third book has been revealed. The author, Meg Cabot, said she personally sees the books and the movies as two different universes. Is this maybe an implication we will see some differences?

The director of the first two installments of the series, Garry Marshall, seemed to be planning the third installment, but he unfortunately died before the plan could be brought to life. Meg Cabot said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that the third movie, if it happens (fingers crossed), will be a tribute to the late director.

Now for the million dollar question, who all is coming back? Most especially, will we be seeing Chris Pine in Princess Diaries 3? According to Elle magazine, “In 2017, it was reported that there was a script, and that Mandy Moore (Lana Thomas), Heather Matarazzo (Lilly Moscovitz), Chris Pine (Nicholas Devereaux), Julie Andrews (Queen Clarisse Renaldi), and Hathaway (Mia Thermopolis) were all open to playing some part in it.”

Entertainment Weekly did a Q&A session with Chris Pine and fans in January 2016. During the session a fan asked Chris, “Don’t you pray every night for a Princess Diaries 3?” Chris Pine answered with, “Have you been reading my diary?”

Honestly, the relationship between Mia and Nicholas was bursting with chemistry. For the love of Genovia, I hope this movie is made and soon. Above all, I hope Chris Pine is in it.

And remember y’all:

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Alexis Schindler

Murray State '22

Alexis is a television production major at Murray State University with a passion for writing. She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book or binge watching her favorite tv shows. Despite their corniness, she loves Hallmark movies and romantic comedies. She wants to travel the world, and London is at the top of her list. Alexis is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Murray State.