This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

As the weather finally cools down, it’s not only time to bust out the jeans, leggings and boots, it’s time for fall makeup. My friend and roommate, Becca Robinson, graciously agreed to help me attempt to recreate two fall makeup looks from Pinterest. 

I attempted to recreate this first look:

I chose this look because the colors are perfect for early autumn. The shades of orange are muted enough for fall without being too dark. I also typically shy away from using orange eyeshadow, so I wanted to try something new. 

Using six different colors from three different eyeshadow palettes, I managed to create a similar look:

It wasn’t perfect, but it also wasn’t a complete failure. For someone who doesn’t use eyeshadow very often, I thought the finished look turned out well. I was worried the orange would be too much, but it brought out my green eyes nicely.

While I worked on a sparkly, burnt orange look, Becca attempted to recreate this look:

I asked Becca to attempt this one because she is definitely better at makeup and blending than I am. She has more experience, so I wanted to challenge her with a more difficult, nighttime look.

Despite her many noises of distress, Becca managed to create this look:

Without the exact same colors, we weren’t able to match the bright, sparkly blue of the eyeshadow, but Becca still ended up with an evening look that could transition easily from fall into winter. 

Becca and I started these attempts assuming we would fail. While our makeup does not perfectly match the pictures from Pinterest, we both ended up with wearable looks. This fall don’t be afraid to experiment with different shades; you might be surprised by what works!  

Sydney Wedbush

Murray State

Sydney Wedbush is a junior English/Creative Writing major at Murray State. When she's not reading or writing for class, she's reading and writing for fun. Want to find her in her natural habitat? Check the book store or library, and make Harry Potter references.