bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

Natural Nootropics and Finals Week: A Match Made in Heaven

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

‘Tis the season–the season of sleepless nights and late night treats. The season of staying up late and staying up even later. The season the stands between college students and a month-long break.

‘Tis finals season.

We all know how much finals weeks takes on students. The “starter” or “survival” kits always tend to consist of sour gummies and candies, chips and highly caffeinated drinks. All things we know pose on long-term benefit or are good for our bodies in general.

Students justify the bad habits because it’s such a crucial time. But do we really not have that much time? Some may. Some may not. It very well can be an excuse for not taking a few minutes out of your Netflix show to run to the grocery and properly prepare.

Nootropics are drugs or supplements that help with focus, brain activity and other cognitive skills. We may think the sugar and caffeine highs get us where we need to be, but it does for only an hour or a little more. Below is a with natural foods that are known to provide nootropic benefits and help with brain function. While there are so many out there, these are the best and also can be the tastiest.

So next time you’re starting to get hungry or need a snack break from studying, reach for some of these foods and fuel your body with the right things. You may not get a huge energy rush, but you also won’t crash half an hour later. Remember, it’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Photo by sydney Rae on Unsplash

Abby Branham

Murray State

Abby is a journalist, cheerleader, travel enthusiast and fitness junkie. She is an avid believer of settling for nothing less than what makes you happy. Abby's life motto is a quote by Jack Kerouac: "Be in love with your life. Every minute of it."