This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

The return of Fall TV is always a big deal in our apartment.  Late September means the mass return of primetime TV and the time where I really bust out my best cooking and coziest pajamas to watch some of my favorite TV with my best friends. It’s hard to keep track of the things that are returning and premiering.  I know my preferences might be different from yours, but I thought I might show you all what I’ll be watching in the coming weeks. Here we go!!

1. The Good Place

I cannot WAIT for the return of the fourth and final season of NBC’s The Good Place!  This show has captivated me from the very beginning and I can’t wait to see how the show resolves. From Kristen Bell as Eleanor to Ted Danson as Michael, Mike Schur created his best work yet. With an incredible cast, visuals that break the typical sitcom stereotype, and a story that is as funny as it is humanizing. I never knew I would be so into ethics as I am when I watch The Good Place.

The Good Place returns to NBC September 26 at 9/8c.

2. Superstore

I truly love a show that I can relate to.  Superstore tells the story of the St. Louis branch of superstore Cloud 9.  Through intricate plot lines that are so close to home and characters you feel like you know, it’s easy to forget you’re watching a sitcom. America Ferrera has never been one of my favorite actresses, but something about this show works for me. Maybe it’s the workplace comedy I always needed to see her in. Either way, she stole my heart as Amy, (don’t get me started on how Ben Feldman also stole my heart) the now, store manager. I love every crazy piece of this show and can’t wait to see what they have planned after the brutal cliffhanger of season 4.

Superstore returns to NBC September 26 at 8/7c.

3. The Good Doctor

I can’t lie…I never watched the first season of this show. I KNOW, I’m bad.  I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t care for medical dramas (I’m more of a crime drama kind of gal) that tell the same stories over and over. My roommate Rachel absolutely LOVES this show and for some random reason I sat down to watch with her. Y’all I don’t know how they do it or what kind of witchcraft they use but not one episode of season 2 went by without making me cry. Maybe it’s the incredible story of Dr. Murphy or just Freddie Highmore’s stunning acting but this show is one you shouldn’t miss. 

The Good Doctor returns to ABC September 23 at 10/9c.

4. The Politician

Two words: BEN. PLATT. The SECOND I saw Ben Platt was coming to my TV to be a politician I said: “SIGN ME UP”!!!!! There is nothing that could possibly stop me from watching this show.  I am STOKED. The cast? Flawless.  Ben Platt, Zoey Deutch, Gwenyth Paltrow, Jessica Lange and SO MANY MORE. I will admit I was skeptical to see Ryan Murphy had a new show in development for Netflix…I was a huge Glee fan until season 5 and a big fan of American Horror Story until “Hotel”. (Though, “1984” might save it for me…We’ll see.) However, I truly can’t wait to binge this show in its entirety. 

The Politician is set to stream on Netflix September 27.

5. Prodigal Son

First of all, how dare Fox not advertise this show more. Second of all, MICHAEL SHEEN. I watched Good Omens faster than you can say The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter. I don’t know what it is about Michael Sheen but y’all… the man can ACT. The sheer idea of having Sheen play a serial killer… *chef’s kiss* I can’t get over this.  Fox has typically been unreliable (in my opinion) in creating and sustaining(!) new shows so I’m slightly scared for the path of this but who knows, maybe this is exactly what they needed. My TV is ready to see you again Michael Sheen. 

Prodigal Son premieres on Fox September 23 at 9/8c.

Callie Smith is a senior public relations major with nonprofit leadership studies and theatre minors at Murray State University. She is a lover of Jesus, an avid YA reader and a listener of Broadway records. In her spare time, she loves to watch The Umbrella Academy, Arrested Development, Veep and The X-Files. She loves to bake, perform, read and spend all the time she can with her friends. Callie's plans include working in public relations for a nonprofit organization she loves. Callie is the President and Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Murray State.