This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

My absolute favorite thing to do is to go to concerts. There’s nothing better than seeing your favorite bands with your best friends, surrounded by hundreds of other people who love the music as much as you do. I try to make it to every concert I can, and I’ve picked up some tips along the way. Here’s what you can do to make sure your concert is the best experience it can be!

Find Good Parking The last thing you want is to have to trek forever through a (possibly unfamiliar) city on your way to (or from) a concert. Park close to the concert venue to avoid making yourself want to cut your feet off, and to keep yourself as safe as possible.  

Wear a Comfortable Outfit Make sure that the clothes you choose to wear are comfortable. You’re gonna be in this outfit for hours, so make sure you’re confident in it, and that nothing is itchy or irritating. You don’t have to sacrifice style for comfort! Make sure you account for the weather—make sure to bring a coat or jacket if the weather calls for it.  

Wear Good Shoes Again, you’re gonna be in these for hours. Every time I choose cuteness over comfort, I regret it. Make sure the shoes you choose to wear will be able to get you through the concert and after, like walking back to your car or hotel.

Lauren Edminster

Bring a Survival Bag Bring a reasonably sized bag (NOT big, but big enough to hold what you need) stocked with your essentials! Try and plan for both the inevitable and the unexpected. Life happens! Here are some things you might want to stock your bag with:

• Fully charged phone
  • Portable charger/USB cord for phone
  • Hair ties
  • Glasses/contacts
  • Water/snacks
  • Makeup for touchups/oil wipes
  • Deodorant
  • Earplugs
  • Chapstick/lotion
  • Tide to go pen/wet wipes/hand sanitizer

Good Attitude No one wants to go to a concert with someone who is in a bad mood, and you won’t enjoy it if you have a bad attitude! Make sure to try and be positive—concerts can be stressful, but if you’re prepared and have a good attitude, you’ll have the time of your life!

Lauren is a junior studying History and Education at Murray State. She enjoys reading, spends an unhealthy amount of time on Twitter, and takes long naps as often as she can. She loves the oxford comma, going to concerts, and watching Try Guys videos to avoid doing homework. You can find her on Instagram (@laurenedminster) and Twitter (also @laurenedminster).