This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

I remember when I was younger, I would have my Halloween costume planned out weeks in advance. I would look through those kids costume catalogs in search of the perfect one. Fast forward to college and it was literally two hours before a campus ministry Halloween party, and I still had not decided on a costume. My point is: don’t procrastinate like me!

If you and your s.o. are in search of the perfect couples costume, you’ve come to the right place. Now despite being single all my life, I have compiled a list of five easy couples costumes that are sure to make everyone jealous. Whether you’re feeling something modern (like based off of a new Netflix movie) or something a little more nineties, these costume ideas are sure to turn heads (and hearts) at all of your frightful fall festivities!

Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean Covey

First, we have one that I hope will be a hit this year. That’s right. The two main characters of the hit Netflix movie To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before (or TATBILB as the cool kids say). This movie was a major favorite of mine this year and one that most people have seen at least once.  For Peter, wear a lacrosse uniform or a plain t-shirt, penny/jersey, and some arm and knee pads. Spicing up the look with some fun props like a lax stick, yogurt drinks, or kombucha will have fans of this movie impressed at your dedication. Laura Jean: a scrunchie, of course, bomber jacket, floral dress, and combat boots. You could also carry around a piece of paper with the rules on it, a blue box with a bow or a letter addressed to “Peter Kavinsky.”

Chip and Joanna Gaines

If you’re not familiar with this power couple of all things shiplap, farmhouse, and home decor, Chip and Joanna Gaines are the hosts of the HGTV show Fixer Upper. To be Joanna, you can wear your hair in a low ponytail, wear a button-down, tool belt, and eyeliner for sure. You can also carry around her cookbook or a copy of one of her magazines to set this look over the top. To be Chip Gaines, you can wear a cap, flannel and t-shirt, jeans, and carry a hammer and tape measure.

Photo courtesy of Jeff Wilson

Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris

These famous 90’s characters from the show Saved by the Bell are ionic. For Kelly, you can wear a plain gray sweatshirt. Just cut the neckline and bottom off. Make sure it is extra big. You can also order one online that says “Bayside Tigers” like the exact one that she wears in the show. Add some white keds, mom jeans, and that signature 90’s hair for Kelly’s signature look. For Zach, you can also wear those high-waisted jeans with a large button down, 90’s colorful windbreaker, or even just a denim jacket. Added props like a big cell phone will complete this totally tubular costume.

Archie and Veronica

If you’re as big of a Riverdale fan as I am, then this costume is perfect for you and the bae. For Archie, all you need is a letterman jacket, white t-shirt, jeans, converse, and a football. For Veronica, just wear a black dress, pearls, and flats or heels. This costume is easy, relevant, and recognizable. My friends and I went as the cast of Riverdale to a Halloween party last year, and it was so fun! Most people knew who we were and loved the idea! You can also make this a group costume and go as the whole cast!

Photo Courtesy of Sarah Frederickson

I hope you’ll try out these costume ideas yourself. They are perfect for any Halloween party or event! These don’t just have to be for you and your boyfriend, they can also just be for you and your friends! So have fun, eat all the fall foods, and look great while doing it!

Sarah is a senior Dietetics major. She loves to be involved and keep busy, so you will probably see her drinking an iced coffee. She also enjoys binging HGTv and Food Network.