This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Korean nail artists have been influencing world trends by bringing up unique ideas. As a result, our Instagram feeds are flooded with pictures of Korean nail art designs. Let’s take a look at some of the latest trends coming from South Korea.

1. Wire nails

The well-known Korean nail artist Eun Kyun Park (@nail_unistella on Instagram), owner of Unistella Salon, came up with the concept of wire nails, which is all about using wires of different sizes and colors and putting them onto nails. She changes the shape of wires by using tweezers. It is perfect for those who love minimalistic designs and neat manicures.

Image courtesy of Eun Kyun Park

Park has been a trendsetter in the nail art world for quite a long time. She has also designed the extended wire manicure. However, it will not be the best option for people who do a lot of work with their hands.

Image courtesy of  Eun Kyun Park

2. Tattoo nails

If you have always dreamt of having a tattoo, but you are not brave enough for that, then minimalistic nail tattoos are the best option for you! Unistella invented this nail trend, as well. This style allows you to have whatever you want – for example, a star on one nail and a heart on another.

Image courtesy of Eun Kyun Park

3. Dry flower nails

What could be prettier than flowers? Korean nail artists decided to decorate nails with dry flowers and managed to create a beautiful composition. Forget about drawing flowers on your nails: dried flowers glued onto nails make them look aesthetically pleasing and delicate. Gorgeous, isn’t it? Park says that it is essential to hydrate flowers with cleansing wipes before applying them to make sure that they will not be torn to pieces while assembling the bouquet on your nails.

Image courtesy of Eun Kyun Park

4. Neon sign nails

Have you ever thought of nails with luminous neon signs on them? Nail artists at Unistella Studio have turned your dreams into reality! If you are a person who loves neon signs then you will probably like the idea of putting neon images and words on your nails.

Image courtesy of Eun Kyun Park

5. Diamond nails

Who doesn’t love eye-catching, glowing things? Diamond nails will brighten up your look and add some delicate and mesmerizing vibes.

Image courtesy of unistella_kr

Elina Manusheva

Murray State '19

Elina is a Public Relations major at Murray State University. She is an exchange student from Russia. Loves travelling and studying languages.