This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Australian actress, writer and producer Rebel Wilson delivered yet another hilarious and outstanding performance along with fellow cast members Adam DeVine, Liam Hemsworth and Priyanka Chopra Jonas in the movie Isn’t It Romantic.

The movie follows the life of a female New York architect (Wilson) named Natalie who is hard-working but feels she goes unnoticed, especially in the workplace, and has a known distaste for romantic comedies. Natalie soon finds herself in an alternate reality after she is knocked unconscious that to her dismay seems to be a romantic comedy in which she is the star of and is PG-13 (she truly despises this part).

Isn’t It Romantic is the perfect movie for those who love romantic comedies and those who don’t. The movie includes all the aspects of a stereotypical rom-com, yet it tastefully makes fun of these aspects at the same time making it the perfect rom-com parody.  

The movie promotes self-love and shies away from the typical notion that a woman needs a man to make her feel whole.

It is filled with many hilarious one-liners and of course some outstanding musical dance numbers. I mean, when can you have Rebel Wilson and Adam DeVine in the same movie and not have at least one?

Currently, the movie is sitting at 68 percent on Rotten Tomatoes, 6.4 out of 10 on IMDb, and 4 out of 5 on Common Sense Media. It has received many raving reviews by critics from the New York Times and Washington Post and has earned $20 million at the box office.   The movie has a couple of greatly executed twists. It is definitely one for the books. I definitely recommended this movie as a must-see, especially for my fellow rom-com lovers.

Alexis Schindler

Murray State '22

Alexis is a television production major at Murray State University with a passion for writing. She can often be found with her nose stuck in a book or binge watching her favorite tv shows. Despite their corniness, she loves Hallmark movies and romantic comedies. She wants to travel the world, and London is at the top of her list. Alexis is the Senior Editor for Her Campus Murray State.