This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

College may be the time we find our future spouse, but it is also the time we find our best friends. So this year instead of spending time with your boo, try spending some quality time with your gal-pals. Here are 6 ways to love on your friends this Valentine’s day.

1. Movie Night

Pick out some good Rom-Coms, get some yummy snacks and a comfy spot. Find a romantic comedy bingo game or a drinking game online. If you’re over 21, this would be so fun with the alcohol of your choice or just some sparkling grape juice. Those drinking and bingo games are so funny and so accurate, and they are guaranteed to keep you laughing all night.

2. Potluck Feast

Have a potluck meal with a large group of friends for a fun Valentine’s feast. What better way to bond with your friends than over a huge plate of food?

3. Baking Competition

My friends and I did this a lot in middle school. We split into groups and decorated cakes or cupcakes in different themes, and then we had our parents judge which ones were the best. I think doing this now with my friends would still be a lot of fun!

4. Arts and Crafts Night

I love making crafts! It’s my favorite. And what’s better way to spend quality time with your friends than making arts and crafts together? Not only would this be a relaxing hang-out but it’s a way to get in touch with your creative side as well. If you don’t have any ideas of what to make, try making Valentines for each other, your family members, or even to those in the hospital or nursing homes.

5. Going People Watching

Take your bestie out for a date on the town to watch all the other couples on date night. Who knows, you may even witness a juicy breakup. 

6. Surprise Them!

Create a fun basket full of goodies and surprise your bestie! You can add things like flowers, chocolates, stuffed animals, or any other goodies.

7. Spa Day

In the words of Tom Haverford from Parks and Recreations, “Treat yo self.” Find somewhere to have a group spa day or create one yourself at home. Make sure you go all out for your hard-working girlfriends. They deserve it, and so do you!

Hannah Kamman

Murray State '22

Hannah Kamman is an elementary education major at Murray State University. In her spare time, she enjoys watching movies, spending time outside and cuddling with her cat. She is a dance teacher and a tree hugger.