Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How To Donate To Planned Parenthood (And Why You Should)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Planned Parenthood has had a long and tumultuous history, with varying levels of support from the government administration in power at the time. But throughout the 100+ years of its history, the organization has fought to provide safe healthcare and accurate information to people from all walks of life. Cancer screenings, birth control, STD testing, and more are available in their clinics, but with recent attacks on the right to an abortion in states like Georgia, providing that care has been harder than ever.

Whether you have ever received care from a Planned Parenthood clinic or not, giving back is always a good idea. Luckily, they make it easy. On their website, there is a list of ways to donate, including one-time or recurring donations. Memorial or honorary donations are also available, and if making a donation for a living person, Planned Parenthood gives them notice in the mail of the gift given in their name. I gave a donation to Planned Parenthood of Tennessee and North Mississippi in my sister’s name last year for her birthday. Make a donation in Donald Trump’s name, if you’d like, and send the donation notice to the White House.

Donations given to Planned Parenthood are tax-deductible, and you will receive a receipt of your donation in the mail. I keep track of all my charitable donations with Intuit’s It’s Deductible.

Please consider donating to keep healthcare and information affordable, accurate, and safe for everyone.

Image credit

Simon Placr

Murray State '20

Simon Placr (PLAY-ser) is an Organizational Communications student at Murray State University. He enjoys playing with his pets, watching reruns of The Golden Girls, and finding new ways to annoy his friends. He is the Event Coordinator for Her Campus Murray State and can be found on Instagram as @simon_lucas98.