This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

They say college is the best four years of your life. The truth is? That is entirely your decision. How you spend your time and who you spend it with can make or break your college experience. It’s important to get involved with the right people and organizations. These groups will consume a good portion of your time, so find the best one for you!

• Go to club fairs All the organizations on campus will be present at the club fair. This is a great opportunity to walk around, get information about groups, and find your match.
  • Intramural sports If there isn’t information about intramural sports at the club fair, go online. Find out information about a team you might want to join. Make sure to listen around about specific teams and look on flyers.
  • Greek life This is one of the best ways to meet people. There are so many benefits in Greek life. You meet friends for life, network all across campus, and build skills that you couldn’t otherwise.

• Community service/volunteer Volunteer around campus and in town. This is also a great way to meet people outside of the university, and an opportunity to do some good in your community.
  • Run for student government Student government might not be for everyone. But if this is your thing, it’s a great way to meet people!
  • Get a campus job Build a resume and relationships. Who knows how many people you’ll meet and connect with – whether it’s on or off the job
  • Attend campus events Support other organizations by going to their functions. Go to things that your friends are a part of. Listen for productions that are coming up. See what’s out there!

There are so many benefits when you get involved on campus. You will find yourself meeting amazing people and going on crazy adventures. It’s easy to get involved and 100% worth it. So, get out of your comfort zone and try new things!

Cady Stribling

Murray State '22

Cady double majors in English and Journalism at Murray State University. In her free time she loves reading, dancing, and watching Mean Girls (obviously). Her favorite memory is swimming with dolphins - which is also her favorite animal. She is an avid supporter of the Oxford comma; her sweet tooth is never ending as is her passion for musicals. Cady hopes her future profession includes writing, traveling, and eating a plethora of ice cream.