This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

#1 Support women-owned businesses.

Buy from women-owned businesses either locally or internationally! 

#2 Cheer on the women in your life. 

If you know someone close to you is having a hard time, cheer her on and let her know that you are rooting for her!

#3 Ensure women’s safety. 

If you see someone on the street that looks uncomfortable or if you know of someone who is uncomfortable in whatever space they are in, offer your help and make sure they are okay. 

#4 Mentor a young girl in your community.

Mentoring a young girl who may not have many female figures around her is a great opportunity to teach about issues that most men have not gone through. 

#5 Use your voice!

If you know of sexism in your workplace or in your life in general, use your voice and advocate for equality! 

Skylar Baker

Murray State '24

Skylar Baker is a Biomedical Sciences Major at Murray State University. Her on campus activities include being a part of the Murray State Honors College, and participating in the Pre-Health Professionals Club, the Environmental Student Society, and of course Her Campus at Murray State! She is originally from Paris, TN and enjoys playing tennis and hiking when she is back home.