This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Go to the Farmers Market – The farmers market has quickly become my favorite part of my weekend. Not only do I get yummy produce and baked goods for great prices but I get to support local farmers and businesses. The Murray Farmers Market is a great way to spend your Saturday morning. I absolutely recommend trying it out! 

Go on a hike – With the leaves changing and the weather cooling off, it is the perfect time to get outside and take in the beauty of nature! Take a break from your homework, get your blood moving, and breath in the fall air. 

Check out an apple orchard. – One of my favorite traditions as a kid was going to the apple orchard with the neighbor kids. We would spend the day going up and down the orchard isles picking out our favorite apples. Then, we’d go to a nearby drive-in and eat our day’s findings. 

Decorate a pumpkin. – I prefer to carve my pumpkins, but if you don’t want to make a big pumpkin gut mess, there are plenty of other ways to decorate your pumpkin. I have seen people paint their pumpkin, glue on felt decorations, and even modge podge paper cutouts onto the pumpkin. There are so many ways to upgrade your pumpkin. Be creative! 

Set up a Scavenger hunt! – Get a group of friends and divide into two teams. Have each team write a list of objects for the other team to find or pictures they have to take (preferably fall related). Set a time limit and race one another to find as many objects or take as many pictures as they can! 

Julia Cwiklowski

Murray State '21

Julia Cwiklowski is a senior studying Advertising and Marketing at Murray State University. When she isn't studying, you can find her working out, listening to podcasts, or curled up with a good book. Julia loves to cook, go on hikes and hang with her friends. After graduation, Julia hopes to work as a project manager at an advertising agency.