This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

The Five Most Inspiring Movies/Documentaries On Netflix:

1. Unstoppable 

Unstoppable tells the true story of a shark attack survivor and surfer named Bethany Hamilton. Throughout this documentary, the audience gets to see an inside peek at           Bethany’s life and what has kept her going through all her troubles and hardships. 

2. The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind

This movie, based on a true story, tells the tale of a teenage boy who builds a wind turbine to save his Malawian village from famine. 

3. The Theory Of Everything

This movie tells the true story of Dr. Stephen Hawking and his struggle with acceptance and his determination to succeed. 

4. Minimalism

Minimalism tells the story of a select group of people who have learned throughout life- how to value the simple things. These people reject the idea of American                         capitalism and learn to embrace the little things. 

5. Becoming

This documentary tells the true story of first lady Michelle Obama and how she came to be who she is today. 

Skylar Baker

Murray State '24

Skylar Baker is a Biomedical Sciences Major at Murray State University. Her on campus activities include being a part of the Murray State Honors College, and participating in the Pre-Health Professionals Club, the Environmental Student Society, and of course Her Campus at Murray State! She is originally from Paris, TN and enjoys playing tennis and hiking when she is back home.