This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

Image via hanny naiboho from unsplash.com

As the infamous Coachella approaches, it’s time to start getting into the festival spirit and plan those festival styled outfits. From EDM, indie, to folk, each outfit is just important as the music itself. What is better than listening to some of the best music the industry has to offer while channeling your inner flower child or unicorn? That’s right, not much. Here is some festival inspo:  

Holographic Everything

You can’t go wrong with holographic clothing, accessories, or makeup during the festival season. This material is perfect for Electronic concerts due to the many lights and effects. It will make edm concerts even more of a party and look good paired with all things glitter, bright colors, and patterns that pop.  The body suit below can be found on dollskil.com and many can be found even cheaper at places such as Forever 21 and h&m. 

Flower Power

What is a better choice for bands like First Aid Kit than all things floral and hippie? Music festivals are often seen as a modern-day Woodstock so it’s just another chance to channel your inner flower child and free spirit. Festivals like Bonnaroo are known to be positive laid-back atmospheres and you’ll definitely fit that attitude in this kind of look. The lace kimono from Forever 21 pictured below could be paired with high waisted shorts, a body suit, booties, and a flower crown. 

Super Star

A trend that has been seen much more in the past months is the star trend…star dresses, shirts, earrings, you name it. This trend will without a doubt be making a significant appearance at the 2018 music festivals. Stars can make you feel nostalgic, powerful, and would be the right choice for performers such as Odesza. The sheer shirt shown below is from Forever 21 for $38. It is thin, simple, and could be warn with many different outfits. 

These music festival piece could make your festival experience all the more fun. It’s time to get inspired and create your perfect outfit!

Hannah Bettag is a Public Relations major at Murray State and a Marketing minor at Murray State University. She is involved in her sorority, along with other orgnaizations. She loves music, fashion, concerts, going on adventures, and is most likely thinking about tacos!