jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Fall Favorites: Classic Date Ideas Revamped

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Murray State chapter.

With summer officially ending and fall beginning, it’s time to trade in the lemonade for cider. While the pools are closing, the autumn fun is just starting. Most of the fall classics can be great date ideas, but sometimes you want something new. Here are a few twists on classic date ideas that you’ll want to add to your fall bucket list. 

Candy bar s’mores

S’mores are arguably the best fall snack, but you can make them even better by exchanging a normal chocolate bar for your favorite type of chocolate. Whether you’re making s’mores over a bonfire or even just a candle, having an array of different chocolate to try on your s’mores will spice up a familiar treat.  

Pumpkin Picking and Carving Exchange

Fall is the season for everything pumpkin and pumpkin spice. A great date idea is to go pick pumpkins for each other, carve and decorate them, and then exchange them. It’s an activity, arts and crafts, and a gift exchange rolled into one.

Apple Picking, Carving, and Cooking

While you’re picking fruit, might as well stop by the orchard and gather apples. Everyone has heard of carving faces in pumpkins, but you could challenge each other to an apple carving face-off. Whoever has the apple with the best face wins. After you’re done, you could prep the apples for an apple pie, apple cider, or apple sauce. 

Corn Maze Challenge

This is the perfect idea for a group date or a large group of friends. Instead of going through the maze together, split into teams and race to the middle. The group with the fastest time wins. 

Instead of a Haunted House…

Go on a ghost tour near you. Ghost tours are usually less scary and more informative.

While classic dates can be familiar and fun, making an old idea new can make dating more exciting whether its your first date or your hundredth.    

Sydney Wedbush

Murray State

Sydney Wedbush is a junior English/Creative Writing major at Murray State. When she's not reading or writing for class, she's reading and writing for fun. Want to find her in her natural habitat? Check the book store or library, and make Harry Potter references.